Sunday, September 16, 2007

Review of Shortpacked! review.

Really? Looking up the definition of a word and then relaying that to the audience? Is this an essay you wrote in middle school all of a sudden?

I must be mentally retarded or something because the second paragraph has me mind-fucked. First off, criticizing people for making pop-culture references when your blog has a line deliberately stolen from Futurama is like Brittany Spears giving parenting advice in that both are pretty fucking hilarious. What's with all the god-damn commas? Are you trying to make up for the lack of punctuation on the rest of the entire internet by using as much as you can stuff in your own blog posts? The second one in the last sentence completely changes what you're going to say and produces the mind-fuck. I'm not sure if that's what you meant, but you're telling us that telling a story like a graphic novel is not drama.

Maybe we should consult with TNT on this one, because they know drama (or at least claim to). Personally I only have a passing familiarity with drama having met drama at parties and read about drama on myspace.

I honestly hope you're being sarcastic in that third paragraph because otherwise you're fucking retarded. I may not know what drama is, but it sure as hell isn't that.

So in your opinion, characters are either walking piles of emotional issues or props for humor? Never entertained the possibility that characters might actually have backstories, that maybe they were there from the start? Even you said that she was depicted as "Internet Dependant" and socially awkward. Never entertained the possibility that perhaps the author had thought about why people end up like that and created a backstory that he chose not to reveal until a later date?

Really, did you just use "pretty rad"? I'm sorry, is this the early nineties and did we just start discussing the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles all of a sudden? Wow I think I just heard that sweet new Nirvana single on the radio! It's funny how you say sentimentality fails when people are also using humor. I guess you don't get much out of Shakespeare then. I mean, all that faggot did was mix crude jokes with seriously dramatic events.

Wow still moaning about the drama in the next paragraph? So far it seems like it isn't so much that this web-comic is bad but that you personally don't care for it. Maybe you'll explain why this comic is actually bad instead of just not to your tastes....or maybe you'll pretend to be Maddox some more and make fun of the comic’s fans. I guess it makes sense since 99.999% of the internet is full of people calling each other "faggot" because one likes x-men and the other likes gen-13 or some other stupid shit.

Now this is interesting, now we see the Internet Tough Guy ego come out in full force (in both mouth and anus). Willis is an epic failure at all things because he fails to satisfy you, he will never achieve the greatness that is being on your favorites list alongside "stileproject" and "Something Awful". The rest of the review is composed almost entirely of stupid burns which just reek of insipid fanboyism, it's really the sort of thing that would end up in a "star trek vs star wars" thread or a "lord of the rings vs wheel of time" thread for that matter. You don't like something so obviously it must be made of fail and faggotry.

A review without any actual critique: that would be like if Willis made a web comic about toy collecting without any Transformers references. All in all this review was about as Fair and Balanced as Fox News, not to mention as reasonable as a /. argument about linux vs. windows.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Solomon? Proper grasp of grammar?

The illiterate hack can't even define drama correctly.
Comedy is the antonym of drama, not the definition.

He throws in expletives to fill out his mean biased opinions like a tourrette's patient with verbal diarrhea. With just a line of "bad art" or "poor plot transition" thrown in haphazardly to keep up the appearance of a constructive criticism. Which it certainly is not. It's just one epic pile of diatribe and drivel after another to troll people who don't know better than to simply ignore him.

Sol claims that he don't know what a internet troll is. Why, he just has to look in a mirror for a answer.

All in all, I approve of this review of a review. Even if the concept is by definition, sort of silly.

Anonymous said...

Never heard of Tangent.

I may be high minded, but at least I'm not easily amused by stupid stunts to gain undeserved attention.

QED: Writer integrity DOES factor if you are writing a CRITIQUE. But we've already established Sol is only writing shit for toilet humour enthusiast so I guess your statement is still valid. You must feel very proud of yourself now.

Git.

Solomon fails to amuse "me". That is the only factor that matters here. :)

Anonymous said...

[url=http://tinyurl.com/y9qxher][img]http://i069.radikal.ru/1001/35/75e72b218708.jpg[/img][/url]



Related keywords:
Tramadol generic name
Tramadol hcl 500mg
saturday delivery overnight Tramadol
mexican Tramadol
cod Tramadol cash on delivery
pain medication Tramadol
Tramadol medication
Tramadol 537
[url=http://www.zazzle.com/AlexanderBlack]place of Tramadol in practice [/url]
[url=http://seobraincenter.ru]http://seobraincenter.ru[/url]
nextday Tramadol cash on deliver cod
buy drug Tramadol
Tramadol online without presciption
false positive pcp Tramadol
is Tramadol tested for in urinalysis
Tramadol ups cod delivery
tapering Tramadol with Tramadol